Friday, January 18, 2013

I Write Like...

Since we've been thinking about how what we read inspires or influences what we write, I thought it might be fun for you to check out a website I've seen that analyzes a bit of your own writing and tells you what published author your writing is similar to. I tried it with one of my blog posts and evidently I write like Dan Brown. I know who that is, but I haven't read any of his books. Interesting. Go to I Write Like and try it yourself. Leave a comment on this post telling us your results (and what you think of them) when you do.

21 comments:

  1. I appearantly write like Edgar Allen Poe. I've read a lot of his writings in the past, so I am not suprised that it all influenced my style of writing. I just don't think I'm as mentally disturbed as he was haha (at least I hope not)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aparently I write like Stephenie Meyer. I find that slightly odd and somewhat irksome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write like Cory Doctorow, he is the author of many science-fiction novels. He also writes fantasy! Seems to be right up my aley:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I write like H.P. Lovecraft - a gothic novelist who writes horror stories. Not really my thing, but maybe I should try it out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried two of my text posts just to see if I would get two different authors, haha. I got Stephenie Meyer the first time, which I guess I can relate to... I've only read a few chapters of some of her books and they're okay; not really in my interest. I also go Cory Doctorow, who I've never heard from, but his books seem like something I'd like to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was told I write like J.K. Rowling. Hey, I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I write like Ray Bradbury. I don't know who that is though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wrote Farenheit 451...and lots of science fiction stories, like There Will Come Soft Rains...He just died last year.

      Delete
  9. Apparently I write like Stephenie Meyer. I'm ok with that I guess... But I don't see how we are a like. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apparently, I write like J.D. Salinger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I write like Gertrude Stein, I will have to read some of her books to see if this is true

    ReplyDelete
  12. I write like " Chuck Palahniuk" , have no idea who that is. I am dumbfounded , and utterly lost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I write like 'Margaret Atwood' .. Not too sure about who that is, but whoever she may be ; She must be a very deep writer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I write like Margaret Mitchell.... Anyone know who that is?

    ReplyDelete