This class is meant to be student-centered, rather than teacher-centered, so it's important for you all to comment on one another's work regularly. In fact, I hope you will be commenting just as much or more than I will, because I want you to consciously write for your classmates as your audience instead of just me, your teacher.
Today, I'd like you to comment on the "I am..." Poems you all posted last week, and for this time, I just want you to comment as a friendly reader. (I thought this dolphin looked "friendly.") We will experiment with several ways of responding, and you will eventually be able to ask for the specific feedback you want. Mostly we'll just use what's called BLESS. This involves reading a work and offering positive (but sincere) feedback, mostly just to say you read it and made note of it. Some phrases you might use to get started:
Please try to comment on everyone's work and skip around that everyone gets comments instead of just the posts close to the top. If you notice a piece hasn't been seen or doesn't have as many comments as others, please make an effort to offer feedback on those. If you have time to read and comment on your classmates' other posts, please feel free to do so.
Before commenting, though, be sure that you've finished the blog posts assigned last week: your "I am..." Poem, your response to the Maya Angelou Writers Dreaming questions, your dream threads writing created in class, and your response to the bulleted questions regarding dreaming in my previous post.
I am so pleased with what we've created so far...Thanks for giving this process a chance.
- It's interesting...
- I was surprised...
- I noticed...
- I like...
- I wonder...
- You remind me...
- We both...
Please try to comment on everyone's work and skip around that everyone gets comments instead of just the posts close to the top. If you notice a piece hasn't been seen or doesn't have as many comments as others, please make an effort to offer feedback on those. If you have time to read and comment on your classmates' other posts, please feel free to do so.
Before commenting, though, be sure that you've finished the blog posts assigned last week: your "I am..." Poem, your response to the Maya Angelou Writers Dreaming questions, your dream threads writing created in class, and your response to the bulleted questions regarding dreaming in my previous post.
I am so pleased with what we've created so far...Thanks for giving this process a chance.

No comments:
Post a Comment